Friday, March 30, 2012

Potty Training is work!

While Liam seems to be doing really well with the potty training-- he also seems to be resisting it a bit. I don't think he can quite identify when he has to go pee, so the result of this is that we (and his teachers at school) ask him every 15-30 minutes if he has to go and regardless of his answer send him to the potty. Sometimes he goes... sometimes he doesn't. If he goes, we obviously wait a while before asking him again. He seems to get a bit peeved if he doesn't have to go but we send him anyway. I feel bad and I hope it isn't counter productive, but I have cleaned up enough pee off the floor and thrown away 4 pairs of underpants (poop on them-- I am not into cleaning poop. Easier to throw away and buy new ones. :) )  this week. The weekend will prove to be interesting. We don't have too much going on that will take us from home thankfully. I am hoping it will soon really click for him and accidents will become less and less. We wont be loosing the night time pull up anytime soon. Not sure if my kid is just weird, but he still sometimes poops in his sleep. :-/ I am not sure when that will stop, but to say he is regular would be an understatement.

In classic US Navy fashion Daddy has been home with us all week. :) We have said "good-bye" 4 mornings this week. This is the part of Navy life that drives this type- A personality insane. I like to know what is going on at all times. I hadn't planned for Gary to be home for dinner this week and planning dinners on the fly is annoying to me. While I am glad he is here, it throws me for a loop. And it truly just seems to drag out the inevitable... which is another thing that is super annoying. I just want to get it over with!

1/2 marathon training is going well so far. I ran my longest run yet last week-- 8 miles. I have 9 miles on my calendar for this weekend. Amazingly-- I am actually really starting to like running. 6+ miles is a bit much and not something I will do outside of training for something big, but I could totally see myself liking to run 4-5 miles on a regular basis. I am hoping the nice weather gets here for my last few weeks of training. Running was so much "easier" last week when it was sunny and 60 degrees!

Glad today is Friday and looking forward to a quiet weekend at home!! Cheers!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Yeah potty training... what a fun time (not)... glad to hear the good news... in regards about Nancy yes I still keep up with her on Facebook and so happy to report she is doing well... she has two children and happily married and seems very very happy ( a changed person for sure)... Her name is Nancy Jenkins if you want to look her up... great memories for sure :-)