Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Energy levels

Wow! I have started to realize how much my energy levels are affected by my activity levels. Last night we had the pleasure of going out to dinner with some friends to celebrate a birthday. I was out and about later than normal (usually in my pj's by 8pm :) ) and when we got home I tried my hand at cutting Gary's hair. Please don't laugh...although it was quite comical. Lets say I will not be changing professions anytime soon. So when all was said and done, I didn't wind down until after 10pm. Today-- I am feeling it! I am so tired this morning. I literally feel like i could crawl back into bed and sleep a few more hours. Maybe I will get to take a nap later... which i hate doing in the afternoon b/c then it prevents me from falling asleep early at night...which creates a cycle! Oh the issues!!

So yes, the cutting Gary's hair thing was hilarious! We went and bought a set of clippers. Gary's hair grows so fast and he literally needs to have it cut every other week. It was getting really long and he just decided he would buzz it. He has a number of cowlicks and his hair is really thick so he hasn't been able to really find anyone that can cut it good since we have been here. (yes almost 3 years and 3 hairdressers later) He usually comes home with it looking a little off anyway. So last night was my turn to mess it up. I have never used clippers before-- I had NO idea what I was doing. Scary when you are reading directions right before putting the blade to the hair. Oh... and did i mention he is SO picky?? He was seeing things I couldn't see-- therefore I couldn't fix. All and all it was very comical. His hair is now really really short. nothing else to say about it! I hope he will let me continue to practice...I think at some point I could become good, but it will take some practice!

Tomorrow we have our follow up appt. with the Perinatologist. Hoping all continues to look good! I am excited to see my little guy on the ultrasound again. I haven't seen him in 4 weeks...I bet he is so big! I have been feeling him a ton the past couple days. I think the other night he kicked me and it hurt. I remember waking up thinking he had kicked hard, but I am not 100% sure if I wasn't dreaming.

Here is my belly shot for this week:

Not the best picture, but it shows my growing belly!!

2 comments:

Aunt Marie said...

You're looking great. How about posting a picture of Gary's new haircut?hehe

Tracy Monniere said...

I second the notion with Aunt Marie of posting the pic of Gary's haircut. lol. Allan does his for the most part and then what he misses I get but that is not much to begin with.