So last night he is in bed with us. He was tossing and turning, couldn't get himself comfortable. Finally he settles in- laying face down on Gary's chest. He's quiet. Ahhh.... then. then I sneeze. Which of course I stop breathing (hold my breath) right after I do it hoping, just hoping, I didn't startle him and wake him from his calm. Then in the sweetest most quietest voice I hear- "Bless You. Mama." OMG! Freaking melt my heart. He is just so dang sweet. Sweet sweet boy.
Due to being up for a while in the night we were running a bit late this morning. We got out the door about 7:45 and I gave Liam a yogurt rice crispy bar to eat on the way in the car. He eats breakfast at daycare, but I like to give him something to get in his belly before we get there. So all the way to school, every minute, I say "Liam eat your Elmo bar" (The bars are from Earth's Best and have Elmo on the box- so we call them Elmo bars). Today, he was ignoring me. By the time we got to school he had taken a nibble. I dont let him bring the bar in, so I made him put it down. Cue tears. He cried all the way in to school. All the way to the classroom. All the while we washed his hands. :( He just kept saying "peanut butter." Ha! I think he is confused. Anyway, he has the sweetest little friend- Veronica (he calls her Ka Ka- yup, just like what you would call poop) and when she saw he was crying, she came right over to give him a hug. Melt my heart. It was so freaking cute. I wished I had my camera on me. She even took his hand and led him to the carpet and took out the book Brown Bear to read to him. So sweet. Sad to say he was still crying when I left, but I am sure he has pulled it together by now! Its like a Monday on Wednesday.
Hopefully we get rid of this cough and we can all go back to having good solid sleep. We need it!

1 comment:
Michelle, You should have a "like" button on your blog. That is so sweet him telling you "bless you, Mama". Love it!
By the way, don't think that because that there are no comments that no body reads your blog because I do and look forward to see how Liam is progressing and of course I like to look at the pictures. Thanks. Love, Aunt Marie
Post a Comment