Monday, January 30, 2012

We pooped!

ON THE POTTY!!!!!!!!

Yeah! Yesterday was a very exciting day in our household! :) We have had the potty for a long time now. Usually it is just in the bathroom or sometimes a piece of decor in the living room. You kind of never know where the potty is going to be. Liam has sat on it many times, but never done anything in it. Usually he will just sit for 5 or so minutes then get up and walk away.

On Friday when I picked him up from school I noticed that they had noted that he had sat on the potty. I didn't really think much of it. They do work on potty training in this classroom and I know many of the other kids (that are older) are using the toilets.

Yesterday, Liam started pulling down his pants in the middle of living room. I asked him if he needed to go potty? He said yes. We walked to the bathroom and I tried sitting him on the regular toilet-- he wasn't having it. He promptly picked up the potty and walked to the living room with it. I took his diaper off and he sat down. He was watching TV, so I wasn't paying much attention. I went and sat on the ottoman next to him and we were just chatting. Finally he gets up. I look in the potty and low and behold-- a big turd! :) And pee. Double whammy! I was SO excited!! We started cheering for him and high fiveing all around. I am not really sure if he understood our excitement, but it was fun nonetheless. I by no means expect this to be the start of potty training, but I was excited to see him at least do it! Not sure if I am really ready for this milestone.

My baby is growing up. :(

1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

Aww - that is so exciting - it's amazing the little things (or big turds) that get you all psyched up! Who knows, maybe this will be the beginning of successful training - wouldn't that be great? Congrats to Liam - what a big boy.
Love you guys.