Saturday, January 14, 2012

Growth Spurt?

As I have mentioned here before Liam isn't the best eater. If he could sustain life on carbs- we'd have no problems. Crackers- loves them. Bread- cant live without it. Cereal-seconds please. Sadly, I don't consider this to be sound nutrition for my growing boy. I give every effort to get some protein in him during meals. Many many times this is met with a fight. Seems to be so hit or miss. Some days he will sit down at the table no problem and will dig right in to whatever is on his plate. Other times... Oy!... other times there is full out crying temper tantrum. Rhyme or reason- nope. None that I can sort out any way. I know we will grow through this, and I of course don't want to rush things, but I can not wait!

When I picked Liam up from school yesterday his teacher informed me that he ate 4, count them 1,2,3,4, bowls of cereal for breakfast. Now one would probably think I starved him. Nope. The night before he actually did eat dinner (turkey kielbasa and fruit) and he ate a granola bar on the way to school in the morning. He was not starved, but apparently ate like he was. Makes me wonder if he is hitting a growth spurt. Height wise, we don't really need this. We need it girth wise. Kid has probably 10 pairs of pants he should be able to wear but cant because they dont have adjustable waist and are too big. Length wise they are perfect but way too big in the waist. I am hoping he fits into them before they go out of season! I should mention that Liam's eating spree continued- when we got home he went to the pantry and asked for Goldfish. I gave him a small bowl. Then he asked for more. I gave him another small bowl. Then he spotted a box of Peanut Butter Cheerios (I know right?!? What took them so long??) and he wanted a bowl of that. He chowed through that and then asked for more. YIKES! Of course when dinner time came he fed the veggie corn dog I made him to the dog, but wow! I almost couldn't keep up!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of having a spa day. It was so needed! Massage, facial, manicure and pedicure. The massage and facial were great, mani and pedi- ehhh-- not the best but whatever. It was just so great to have 4 hours where I could just tune out. Thing with work were hectic over the holidays, Gary's schedule is getting to be insane and Liam, well, Liam is a true toddler. To just have 4 hours to not think about any of that-- wonderful! I did of course think about my hubby and kiddo, but I just did it in a really relaxing way! :)

I haven't been very good about taking pictures lately. I really need to make it a point to try to snap a few a week. Here a few more recent ones:

Fishy kisses! 

Liam is pretty blurry in this picture, but this is his new favorite thing. He loves when Gary lifts him up and swings him back and forth. He giggles with joy! so cute!!

The next few pictures are from our recent visit to the children's museum. We had a great time!





 Although a bit creepy (I think) this is how my king wears his crown! Too funny not to share!


No comments: