Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Falling behind

Gary isnt even gone yet and I already feel like I am falling behind with keeping up with stuff. That stuff mostly being house keeping stuff. While I realize the past couple weeks have been busier than normal, I just feel like I am really falling behind. I haven't taken pictures in weeks and I am bummed, as this is something I really enjoy. My house is a disaster. Because of the dog and cat I really need to vacuum at least 5 times a week.  I am lucky if I am averaging 2 times at this point. I cant stand animal hair and I feel like it is everywhere. Laundry is backing up. It might be washed but its not folded or put away. We are literally living out of laundry baskets. And the kitchen... oh the kitchen.  I hate clutter. I like my counters and island clear. I like my sink empty. I like my stove top sparkling. Right now, my sink is full (so is the dishwasher), I have magazines and bills piled up on the island and my stove top needs a good bit of elbow grease to get sparkly... I just haven't had time.

When I get into funks like this, I ask myself, why? Why dont I make it a point to take 30 minutes after Liam goes to bed or 30 minutes in the morning before I start work to just do a quick swirl through my house and do what I can. Usually I am exhausted and vegging on the couch to watch TV sounds so much better. I need to force myself not to get into this funk because when Gary is really gone it will be easy to slip here. Anyone have an easy cleaning checklist they use that spreads the work out over the course of the week? Maybe that is what I need to do. Dedicate each day for something. Monday-laundry, Tuesday- bathrooms and dust, Wednesday-deep clean and declutter kitchen,  Thursday-vacuum 2nd floor (only the cat goes here so the hair isnt too bad). Then every other day I can pass the vacuum through the first floor. Is it too late to set a new years resolution? Maybe this is what I will try to do. Any other suggestion welcomed...other than getting a house cleaner. As much as I would love that- not in the budget!

I'll let you know how this goes.


1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

Gotta love that "elbow grease" just ask your mom LOL!