Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting to tell is so FUN!!!

So we kind of decided we couldn't wait until we were 12 weeks to start telling people. We made this decision for a couple of reasons--
1. We have waited too long for this moment-- I want to share with the world TODAY!
2. My grandmother had a couple "iffy" nights last week...she didn't think she was going to make it (we know she is only on life 5 of her 9 lives ;) ). So my mom thought we should tell her as soon as it was safe. To me--hearing the heartbeat is safe!
3. If (and that is a BIG IF) something was to happen-- my friends and family are so important to me-- their support to get through it would be vital. And who knows if I would get that chance again to feel the excitement of getting to tell people... We only live once! :)

So we told my grandmother last night. And by we...I mean my mother since my grandmother couldn't understand anything I was saying while talking to her on my mothers cell phone. Case in point-- I said, "Memere, I have a surprise for you!" she repeats back, "You have an appetite??" LOL! It was comical. But she seemed excited.

This then started the domino affect of letting other family members and friends know. So exciting to hear the shock in their voice. I will say it is kind of weird...almost embarrassing to get to make such an announcement. And when I say embarrassing, I mean that I am calling people to just talk about me and gloat about something... does that make sense??

None the less...it is fun and so very exciting!!! This is making it all real! Oh... that and the BLOAT I woke up with this morning! Holy cow! I tried to take a picture, but at this point it just all looks like fat and I am not about to post that! :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

It's so nice to be able to come here and read your posts from the beginning of when you found out! I'm sitting here at work crying tears of joy for you and Gary! Do NOT be embarrassed or feel like you are gloating - BASK in the attention and happiness from everyone. You deserve it!!!

Marie said...

Mich, it was good talking to you last night. By the way, I love your Blog and how you decorated it. Thanks for sharing. Love, Aunt Marie

Lisa said...

I'm so happy that you are sharing your blog with us - it's great to read and I am looking forward to seeing you post pics of your growing belly. BTW - you have every right to gloat - it's a very exciting time for you and Gary. As I said my prayers last night, I thanked God for answering our prayers and I cried from happiness and for the joy that both of you are experiencing! Love Ya ~ Aunt Lisa