Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bedrest for the weekend. :(

Well, last night was far more eventful than I had planned. Having not slept well on Thursday night I was looking forward to a solid nights sleep on Friday. Headed to bed around 9:30 and watched TV for a while.

I woke up around 2:15am and felt a kind of gush. Nothing major but something I noticed. Got up and went to the bathroom. (TMI) I wiped and there was bright red blood. I freaked. Ran to the computer to google what I should do. Couldn't really find anything. Came back to the bedroom and woke Gary. We called the ER and the nurse said it could be a number of things that cause the bleeding, but to be on the safe side come in. So we headed to the ER.

Thankfully the ER was quiet so we went back fairly quickly. The nurse came in with the doppler and was able to pick up the heartbeat. That immediately made me feel better. It was a wonderful sound. Dr. came in an said the same thing the nurse had told me over the phone. It could be a number of things and hopefully an internal would give some idea. So Dr. did an internal and he could see some bleeding. He decided we would do some blood work and then send me for an ultrasound. Blood work came back fine. My HCG levels were exactly where they should be for 14 weeks pregnant. At this point it is almost 6am and the ultrasound techs don't arrive until 8 or so. So we waited. Exhausted. I was worried about the dogs-- needing to pee and wanting breakfast.

About 8:30 or so I headed back to the Ultrasound station. The tech showed us our beautiful baby. The baby looked great! Measuring right on for 14 weeks. She was able to see that I have a bit of placenta previa. Basically the placenta is laying a little low and covering part of the cervix. There was some blood pooled up and for what ever reason my body let some loose. There is still some blood and hopefully it will just reabsorb. Dr. put me on strict bed rest until Monday and I have to see my Dr.

This isn't really how I planned to spend my weekend, but clearly my body needs the rest and I will do what ever it takes to keep our baby safe. Back to watching movies!

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Hang in there but this is great news... the baby is ok... glad to hear... and soon you should be able to find out what he or she is.... can't wait.