Monday, June 15, 2009

Reminders of how precious it all is...

I will start by saying I will not allow what I am about to write affect the way I look at my own pregnancy.

I found out today an old friend of mine (actually the sister of one of my oldest friends) lost her baby boy at 25 weeks. The news came as complete shock and really upset me. I do a lot of reading on the Internet and have read quite a number of horrific stories of parents losing their babies after that "safe" time frame (all sadden me greatly), but I have never personally known the person. Within seconds I had tears streaming down my face. My heart broke into a million pieces for A and B. How does this happen? Why does this happen? It just really makes you realize how very fragile and precious this whole process is. Is there ever really a safe point in pregnancy? You think about this fragile little life growing inside and you just have to be in awe of the entire process.

I know God does things for a reason and that it is so hard to understand why somethings happen. A's outlook on the situation seems good. She wrote that she knows her baby boy is in heaven and safe. I hope that gives her comfort. She is strong and faithful and has wonderful support, but I ask you tonight, if you have a prayer to spare, please keep A and B in your prayers. Pray that God gives them the strength to get through this sad time. thanks.

2 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I will pray... and I will pray for you to stay steadfast in your faith during this time... I know exactly how you feel when I was 3 months pregnant I found myself standing at my best friends first borns funeral... She was still born and I was overwhelmed with sadness but floored at the realization of exactly what a miracle of each child is... whether they are 80 years old when they see HIS face for the first time or if they are a fetus... Praise Him for making a safe place for His children.

Violet said...

They are in my thoughts. My husband and I lost a baby girl at almost 15 weeks back in March. I can't imagine 25, my heart breaks for them.
I am sending good vibes your way that your precious baby stays safe inside until at least 37 weeks!