Monday, June 22, 2009

Sorry for being MIA!

I realized last night that I hadn't updated the blog that I would be on vacation. I missed my weekly milestone post and Speechless Sunday post. :( We did have a GREAT vacation though! Wednesday Gary and I flew to Washington, DC and met my parents there. We were there to be the typical tourists and do all the sight seeing we could in 2 days! We saw ALOT. We walked a ton. By the end of the day on Thursday I thought my feet were going to fall off. The weather was cloudy and we endured a sprinkling or two, but all in all it was great! After sightseeing for 2 days my parents dropped me and Gary off at friends of ours that live just outside of Annapolis. We had so much fun visiting with them. They are pregnant too so it was fun talking about our babies and being amazed at the fact that the next time we see each other-- we will have babies. That is such a crazy thought!
Traveled home (or tried) yesterday. Gary and I got to Atlanta only to find out that our original flight was cancelled. So in no rush, we went and found some lunch and walked around the airport. When we finally went to check in, we learned that Gary was automatically put on the next flight, but I was bumped to Monday. What? Seriously? Apparently when you are a loyal customer, travel enough to build up enough frequent flier miles and use them to book a plane ticket-- you are then bottom of the barrel. Yup! I had used FF miles for my ticket and purchased Gary's-- so he had priority and so did the other 8 people ahead of me on the standby list. So last night-- said goodbye to Gary as he headed home and I headed to the Marriott hotel. Not exactly how I planned my trip home, but it could have been worse I guess. So now I am home... working... getting ready for a trip to NJ tomorrow. I am tired of planes and hotels. Thankfully this is my last week traveling until mid-July.

So, I am still feeling good! I have noticed I get winded a little bit easier, but all in all feeling really really good! Still in regular pants... for now. I am starting to get uncomfortable in them. I have purchased a couple maternity bottoms, but haven't had to wear them yet. That might be changing soon!

My milestone for last week- 13 Weeks! Oh peaches-- how I love thee!!! (so craving peaches lately!)
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

1 comment:

Violet said...

it always amazes me how quickly things progress, the human body is amazing thing. can't wait to start seeing belly picture progression!
take care