Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 1 Alone=Success!

Today was my first day home alone with little man! I have to say that I was a bit nervous. First day alone without anyone to give me a "break"... I was afraid I would be totally overwhelmed.  I will say we had a bit of a late start... Gary didnt actually make it out of the house until 9:30, but I think as time goes on he will be able to get back to a regular schedule (leaving between 8-8:30). All and all...the day was very good! Liam was wide awake until about 11:00am and I was able to grab a shower and breakfast/lunch.  Then Liam proceeded to sleep on and off for the next 4 hours.  He had a few short feedings in there, but for the most part...the day was pretty easy. Dare I say that if he sleeps like this everyday...I might get bored. ***Gasp!*** I know! I did not do what everyone says-- nap when the baby naps, but for today I was okay with that. I had a few chores I needed to get done around the house and was able to do that while Liam was sleeping. Felt good to get it done...I will be ready for bed soon!

Even though the day was easy, I was relieved when I heard the garage door opening. There is something about knowing I am not home alone.  I fear a massive baby meltdown that I cant handle on my own. Knowing Gary is here to handle with me...should it happen...makes me feel so much better. I am hoping this is just a typical "new" mommy fear.

I am thinking about making my first venture out tomorrow with Liam alone. I would like to take a quick trip to Toys R Us and Kohl's.  I may change my mind tomorrow...but we will see!

And...just b/c this was the cutest sight ever yesterday...here are my 2 men watching Cowboys football! So cute!!


1 comment:

Marie said...

Look at the proud daddy! Nice picture. Hugs & kisses to you all.
Aunt Marie