So while I think that things are really going great with having Liam here... I truly wish that we were getting more sleep at night! Seems our routine is that we have a feeding around 9pm and then the next comes between midnight and 1am-- not bad! Issue comes that Liam doesnt want to sleep by "himself." Please know that when I say by himself... I mean... in his co-sleeper that is position between mine and Gary's pillows. Yes... Liam is sleeping in the bed with us. I swore before he was here that he would not sleep in the bed with us...but now here we are... and he is totally sleeping in the bed with us. In reality it wouldnt be much of an issue except that he literally will only sleep in our arms on our chest. While I love NOTHING more than snuggling my little guy, it is just not safe for him to sleep on my chest every night. Last night for example... I woke up at one point and he was crying-- Gary had him. Gary told me that Liam had fallen asleep on my chest and wiggled himself sideways. I had NO idea... since I was dead asleep. PROBLEM! Then around 2:30am I woke up frantically realizing that I had fallen asleep nursing Liam (feeding started at 1am). He wasnt still latched at this point and his head was basically on my stomach. Again...for me... this is not okay. I am terrified that something terrible could happen. I am determined to find a solution for this, but at the same time... hearing Liam cry and scream...breaks my heart! Each night...I put him down and pray for a 3 hour stretch... have only been lucky a couple times. I know as he gets older it will get easier, but right now... not so much!
Okay...enough complaining... I LOVE my little man and thank god everyday that he is happy, healthy and here! :)
3 comments:
I feel your pain! If you're not worried about nipple confusion - This is where I rented a pump from the hospital and the hubs and I took turns so we each got a little more sleep. Also, with a bottle they eat a little more/sleep a little more...?
are you swaddling him when you put him down to sleep?
yes that's hard, my first was like that too. try the swing or car seat, (if you haven't already). big hugs.
oh and can i just say-GO AHEAD AND COMPLAIN!!! you're a tired new mom and you have every right to complain sometimes
Post a Comment