Saturday, November 20, 2010

Catching Up...with pictures!

I am going to fill this post with pictures because there is a bunch of stuff I want to share!

First- My Girls! I have been very blessed to have made amazing friends in my life. I keep in touch with many of my girlfriends from high school, have a very close friend from elementary school and my college girls were my rock through probably my most formative years. I truly believe you attract people to you who have the same morals and values you have and if you are lucky this can lead to life long friendships. A couple weekends ago I had the pleasure of celebrating Jake's 1st birthday with him. Jake is the son of one of my college girlfriends- Cheryl. Cheryl just so happen to marry Gary's best friend (ahem... we wont take ALL of the credit! ;) ) I have mentioned Jake several times as he was born about 5 weeks before Liam. So anyway, Jake was celebrating his first b-day a few weeks ago and we went. I was fortunate to not only get to see Cheryl, Scott and Jake, but my other college girls (and their kiddos) were invited too! It was a mini college reunion and really made me happy! While we don't live that far (a couple of hours- except Cheryl she is in MD) we don't have the chance to get together as often as any of us would like-- so this was a TREAT!

This picture is special because (I don't have a copy) but approx. 11 years ago we took a very similar picture. Funny to think about how much our lives have changed in the past 11 years! (Margo- if you have that pic--scan it and email it to me-- we can do a side by side!)

From back left to front: Margo, Cortney, Me, Cheryl and Megan
(see the birthday boy in the background?)
Now party pictures:

Playing nice together

An attempt to get all the little ones in a picture together- this is about as good as it got!

Birthday boy and his adorable cake!

Mmm... yup! It was that good!

Now for some bathtime fun! Liam LOVES bath time. If we are having a cranky night or he is sleepy too early our cure is a bath. He instantly gets in a good mood! He loves playing in the water and splashing around.

What's up with the visor? Our attempt at keeping water out of his ears when we wash his hair.

Happy boy!

Our attempt at the mohawk! His hair is so fine it doesn't really work. :(

On Friday they had a Thanksgiving feast at Liam's school. Parents were invited and Gary and I were excited to go. On Friday we got the news that Liam would be moving from the "Infant" room to the "Pre-toddler" room on 12/6. This makes me want to cry. Not only is he leaving the teachers that I know care and love him, but it means he is really going to be a toddler soon. This has all happened too fast and I don't like it.

Mashed potatoes, hmm?? Not sure! But look at me sitting at the table like a big boy!

Eat? Who has time to eat when there is playing to be done!

Mom- Really I am a BIG boy!

And that brings us to today! We have an official closing- 11/23!! Yeah! We are beyond excited. That of course means we actually need to start packing. Gary and I started yesterday and clearly Liam knows what is in store for this Saturday!

Hehehe...don't you just love his leg warmers?? Gary hates them, but I think they are too freaking cute!

No comments: