Thursday, November 18, 2010

A full nights sleep and house update!

It is so exciting (and slightly scary) when you roll over and look at the clock and see that it is 6:14am... and you don't have a little body laying next to you. It's exciting b/c you know that means you little booger (don't you just love my term of endearment!) slept the entire night in his crib. It is scary b/c you frantically grab the video monitor and hope that he is still breathing! I am only part kidding on that one! But in all seriousness-- for the first time in almost 2 months (or maybe longer-- I have no idea at this point) Liam actually slept straight through the night. Amazing! He was tired last night-- fell asleep eating his bottle at 7pm and then slept straight through till almost 6:30am. This is awesome! Of course...I am trying to decide why. Is he now comfortable because he has the tubes in his ears? Is it because I put a little whole milk in his night time bottle? Is it because I put a small blanket (i know, i know!) on him to keep him warm? Who knows... but something worked and don't think I wont do all of those same things again tonight!! :)

So... and update on the house. It's finished!! Yeah! Our house is complete! There is a cosmetic touch up here and there that needs to be done... but it is 99.9% complete! So all along we had asked for tomorrow-- November 19th to be our closing day. Up until this week... that seemed to be on track. Until of course the bank needed to start doing their job. You know... I understand why they have all the rules and regulations-- I get it. But seriously-- get your shit together and work with people! It is very frustrating. So at this point-- we *think* we are closing on the afternoon of 11/23. Annoying thing is- we currently have everything scheduled for the 23rd-- movers, phone/Internet instillation, cable instillation, etc. So I think we are going to talk with the builders to see if we can still start moving stuff this weekend-- despite not being signed sealed and delivered. I have a feel they will accommodate it! I hope! I just would hate to lose this weekend to start getting stuff over there.
Here are some pics I took yesterday:


Don't mind the boxes-- we requested that they replace the chrome bathroom hardware with brushed nickel. I am demanding! ;)

Floors were given another coat last night!Good shot of the fireplace!! Cant wait to hang out stockings on the mantel!

Office-- I LOVE the french doors! (there is another one behind where I am standing)

Master bedroom-- hard to tell in this picture but the wall color is a little blueish grey and the carpet is grey. The bedding I plan to go with is this print:

I SO excited to get new bedding!!! Cant wait to pull it all together!

1st floor half bath. Can you look at the size of the sink? I swear-- you cant really tell in the picture--but it is the smallest sink I have ever seen. They are replacing it! :)

Bonus room aka Liam's toy room!

Bonus room. I saw this bench the other night at Home Depot and I think it will go perfectly under the window:

You put these cloth drawer things in it-- I think it will be perfect for holding Liam's toys:

Of course this all costs lots and lots of money...so it will be a slow process... but it is what I have in mind! We are not in a rush-- going to do it slowly... but SO excited for it all!!

Everyone out there...send us some house closing MOJO!!

No comments: