Monday, November 8, 2010

Tubes...Tomorrow!

The sudden anxiety I am feeling about tomorrow is so overwhelming. Everything I have heard equates to tubes are a quick and easy process, parents have a harder time with it, he will be up and running like nothing happened in just a couple hours. But for some reason, I am still freaking out. Actually-- I know my reason. This isn't just "tubes." The ENT tomorrow is also going to do a bronchiotomy. Since Liam's pulmonologist wanted to go in and check out his larynx, espohagus and airway, we figured it would be much easier to put him under anesthesia just once and have the ENT do this procedure too. While I am relieved will just have to do this once-- this also means anesthesia via IV vs. laughing gas. THIS makes me nervous. Plus instead of a quick 10 minute procedure-- it will be longer 30-45 minutes I believe. This could be the longest 1/2 hour of my life. What if something happens? I am going to remain positive, but part of me is just unsettled about this. Our poor little guy has been through so much. He needs a break. I know that compared to some kids (bless their hearts)- he has seen nothing, but this is my kid. I am tired of seeing him sick, uncomfortable and in and out of the drs. office. I just pray tomorrow is painless.

I will tell you what wont be painless... we are going in for 10:30am. As with any surgery--there is a cut off for food and drink. No food/formula after 3:30am and no liquid after 7:30am. How we are going to keep him happy without breakfast- NO idea. The chances of them taking him in right at 10:30- SLIM to none. This might be a very trying morning.

If you have an extra prayer to spare...say it for our little guy! Any and all will be much appreciated!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your little guy & your family! Of course, I'm sure everything will be FINE!!!