Friday, July 24, 2009

18 Weeks Today!

Yay! 18 weeks today. This has been a fairly quiet week. I have felt really good this week and thankfully haven't had a sign of any spotting or anything. I am hoping it stays that way till the end. I had a Dr. appt. yesterday and I talked with her about my concerns. She listened and made me feel a little bit better. I am still waiting for my appt. with the Perinatologist. Not really sure what the issue is, but communication seems to be a problem. The nurse called for my appt. while I was sitting there, so I know they are trying. I am going to call today and hopefully have that set up. I asked my Dr. about traveling and she said I needed to wait until after this Peri appt., so I am eager to have it done. I just hope things look good and I can have the clear to travel. Not that I really want to travel for work-- I could do without that. But I have been really looking forward to my last trip home at the end of August before the baby. Hopefully I will be able to go!

I think Gary and I are going to go register tomorrow. I am very excited. Of course registering should not be such an ordeal. Our closest Babies R Us is 2 hours away-- so it is literally an all day event. My goal is to get the big stuff we really need to see registered for and then I can fine tune online. We may also register at Target-- since that is close and we can put the last minute stuff on there. Hopefully it goes well!

Here is this weeks stats:

How Far Along: 18 Weeks 0 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +5
Maternity clothes: Yes! At this point-- they are the only thing that is comfortable.
Stretch marks: Not that I have noticed
Sleep: ehh... waking up a couple times per night
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat daily!
Food cravings: PEACHES!!
Gender: Boy!! But the Dr. says she thinks it is a girl based on the heartbeat. I guess she hasn't looked at the ultrasound pictures from the hospital-- looked like a boy to me. :)
Labor Signs: No thank god!
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: Since this blog is G Rated-- I cant say. ;)
What I am looking forward to: Being able to feel some movement
Weekly Wisdom: Do not let me loose in a Carters Outlet! I can not be trusted!
Milestones: None this week

Today Jellybean is a Sweet Potato! (so much better than the turnip!)
Baby's become amazingly mobile (compared to you, at least), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, and swallowing. And baby is finally big enough that you'll soon be able to feel her movements.

1 comment:

Violet said...

sounds like everything is going wonderful!