Friday, July 31, 2009

19 Weeks Today!

I want to say "Wow, where has the time gone??" but in reality I am not sure if I think time is flying or going slow. I am so ready to meet my little guy already! I cant wait to see what he looks like, what his hands and feet look like, what his cry will sound like, and what he will smell like. We have waited so long for all of this and I know another 21 weeks is nothing, but man I hope it goes by quick!

Had my appt. with the Perinatologist this week and all looked great! We were so happy and so relieved. It was awesome to see our little guy. The Dr. pointed everything out to us- hands, feet, heart, stomach, bladder, arteries, brain, etc. It was so amazing! The Dr. said my placenta was far away from the cervix and any restrictions I have had can probably be lifted. I of course jumped all over that! I need to still meet with my OB next week, but I am confident she will give me the go ahead for travel!! CT here I come!! YAY!

Here are my stats for this week:
How Far Along: 19 Weeks 0 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +6 according to my scale- the scale at the hospital this week said 10, but since I have never been on that scale before-- I am going with my home scale :)
Maternity clothes: Yes! Finally bought a bunch of shirts last week!!
Stretch marks: Not that I have noticed
Sleep: Waking up alot it seems. Turning over can be painful. Loving my body pillow though!
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby on Wednesday and feeling what I think was a flutter on Tuesday-- but I haven't felt anything since.
Food cravings: Pineapple and cottage cheese-- this is a daily must have!
Gender: Boy!! And not a modest one at that! He was all about showing the goods on Wednesday!
Labor Signs: No thank god!
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: Since this blog is G Rated-- I cant say. ;) (I have to keep this answer from last week-- it still applies!) :)
What I am looking forward to: Getting our baby furniture
Weekly Wisdom: Hand-me downs are a blessing! I think I got about 30 onesies this week!
Milestones: None this week

This week Jellybean is a Mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

We 19... it is flying by... wow... love the udpates.