Friday, October 2, 2009

28 Weeks Today!

As of today I have 12 weeks to go! Wow! That seems so crazy to me. I wonder if this 12 weeks will go by faster than the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy. Those first 12 weeks felt like a lifetime to me. I couldn't wait to hit that 12 week point. That was my safety goal. Funny I never really feel safe though. Pregnancy really is such a scary thing. If I don't feel him move much in an hour, I start to get paranoid. It is almost like I don't expect that my baby sleeps at all. I expect him to be moving all the time-- lol. I know I will certainly be eating those words in a few months! But all in all we are doing great! He was a little kicking machine last night while I was relaxing watching TV. There is nothing more amazing to me than feeling him kick hard and actually seeing my belly move. So so amazing!

Gary and I have a fun weekend planned. We are headed to today to Mobile, AL. Not the most exciting places in the country, but it will be a nice weekend away. Tomorrow night is the Navy Khaki Ball. It is an event to commemorate the advancement of sailors from First Class to Chief. We went last year and had a great time, so I am looking forward to it!

Here is a picture of us from the ball in 2008:
As you can see-- it is not a fancy ball, but anytime to get dressed up is a treat to me! :)

Tomorrow I am also treating myself to a spa day!! Gary has to do a training session tomorrow all day and I figured since there is a spa at the hotel-- I better take advantage. So my b-day gift to myself is a Mother to Be massage, manicure and pedicure! I cant wait to relax and be pampered!

Here are my stats for this week:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks 0 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +17 at my last Dr. appt. We'll see what that # looks like next week!
Maternity clothes: All- cant live without them at this point.
Stretch marks: Not that I have noticed
Sleep: Not so good this week. Seems 4am is a prime time for me to need to use the bathroom. Wouldn't be an issue if I could then fall back asleep but 3 mornings this week--that has not worked!
Best moment this week: Just being home the whole week!
Food cravings: nothing super strong
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: No, but I think I had my first noticeable Braxton Hicks contraction yesterday
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: having a glass of wine with a nice dinner
What I am looking forward to: my spa day tomorrow!
Milestones: none this week

Today baby is still the size of an eggplant. Cant wait for him to have a growth spurt! :)
Baby's lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology). Her skin is still pretty wrinkly (one byproduct of living in amniotic fluid) but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit.

No comments: