Friday, October 16, 2009

30 Weeks Today!

70 days to go! Holy cow!!! I am in absolute amazement! I know I keep saying that time is flying, and when I think that I only have 10 weeks left-- I really just cant believe how quickly the past 30 weeks have gone by. We found out we were pregnant at week 4, so I have literally been aware of this life in me for 26 weeks. One thing I wish is that they did ultrasounds more frequently. I wish I could see what our little guy looks like right now. Our last ultrasound was at 18 weeks and I can only imagine how different he looks now. I wish I could see him. I am not sure if I get another ultrasound before the end. His movement this week has been unreal. He has been kicking alot and while sitting on the plane on Tuesday waiting for take off I had the belly rolling experience. I sat in shock as I literally watched him roll from my left side to the right. My entire stomach moved. It was so crazy! Thank god the guy next to me was sleeping b/c the look on my face was shock. ha!

Things are moving along in the nursery department. After my post last Saturday- I started to feel guilty. I got a little of a nesting bug and got my butt in gear. I have started washing his little clothes and putting them away. The clothes are so little. I was looking at some of the newborn onsies and I cant believe how tiny they are. Cant wait to put our little boy in them!!! Gary has also started painting some pictures for the nursery wall. He is doing a great job-- they are adorable. I will share when he is all done. Piece by piece it is all coming together.

I am still feeling really good! I had my last work trip this week and I was definitely a bit worn out yesterday, but all in all I feel great! Still dealing with some of the heartburn issue. I am waiting on my insurance to clear approval for a prescription strength antacid. Hopefully that will work better than the over the counter stuff I have been trying.

So glad that the weekend is here! I am looking forward to a quiet weekend home. Plan to do more in the nursery and continue to get stuff put away. I am on the hunt for a bookcase. We have picked up books here and there and have received some as gifts-- I would like to find a 2 shelf bookcase that matches the furniture. That will be my mission for the weekend!

No belly shot yet this week. We are going out to dinner with friends tonight, so I will have Gary take a picture before we go out!

Jelly bean is still the size of a squash!
As baby's skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She's also adding some brawn -- her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

Here are my stats for this week:
How Far Along: 30 Weeks 0 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +21 at my last Dr. appt.
Maternity clothes: All- cant live without them at this point.
Stretch marks: Not sure if they are stretch marks, but I have 2 darker marks around my belly button. I guess, sadly, they might be the start. :(
Sleep: Pretty good this week!
Best moment this week: Putting my suitcase away for 6 months!!! :)
Food cravings: nothing
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: not really missing anything this week...
What I am looking forward to: at this point... getting to meet my little guy!
Milestones: none this week

No comments: