Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fabulous Weekend!

What a great weekend! It is always nice to get away for a weekend and I have to say Gary and I really enjoyed this one. I considered this weekend to be our "Babymoon"-- our last getaway before the baby comes. I really wanted to make the most of it and have a great time. We drove down to Mobile on Friday afternoon-- got to the hotel around 6pm. It was a beautiful hotel! The lobby was gorgeous and our room was really nice. We knew that a few of Gary's co-workers were arriving on Friday night too, so we planned to meet up with some of them at the hotel bar/restaurant. It was nice to get together with some of the wives-- I haven't seen them since last year's Khaki Ball. While I don't know them that well, it is nice to catch up and chat. Enjoyed a "fancy" birthday dinner of nachos and pizza-- what more could a girl ask for?? :) It was yummy!

On Saturday, Gary had work training during they day, so I took FULL advantage of the alone time. I booked myself a day at the spa. Gary and I got up early and enjoyed a nice breakfast and around 10am I headed to the spa. I love the spa. I love the peace and calmness of spas. I love the bathrobes, the slippers, the smell and the quiet! My massage was scheduled for 10:30, so I had some time the Quiet Room to just relax and unwind. My massage-- was heavenly! Being pregnant I obviously cant lay on my stomach, so she had me lay on my side. I wasn't sure if I would find it relaxing or enjoyable, but honestly-- it was great. I enjoyed every minute of it. It went by way too fast! After my massage, I had an hour before my pedicure and manicure. I headed to the Quiet Room again. I had brought a magazine to read and I just sat and listened to the calming music and enjoyed each minute. My manicure and pedicure weren't the best I have ever had, but they were okay. Just having my fingers and toes done made me happy!

Saturday night was the Khaki Ball. Which I have decided is a bit misleading. Aside from them wearing their khaki uniforms-- there is no "ball" about it. It really is just more of a cocktail hour and dinner. There is not dancing, no band or dj. It is fun to get dressed up and chat and mingle. The food this year was ehh... okay. Nothing special. We were a bit disappointed. But our table had some good laughs and we had a good time.
Here is my 28 week belly shot-- could I seriously be any bigger?

And one of Gary and I together-

No comments: