For the past 3 weeks Gary and I have been attending a Childbrith Prep class on Monday nights. I have to say, I had anticipated that I wasnt going to get much from these classes, but all in all I really do think I learned alot. Last night we had our tour of labor and delivery and I think Gary and I left feeling so exicited! Hard to believe that in just 9 week (give or take) we will be there getting ready to meet our baby boy! I am totally gitty with anticipation!
I would say we are about 90% ready for the baby! I have a few things that I still need to buy, but for the most part, the big stuff is purchased. I have kept in the back of my mind that the baby doesnt really "use" much in the first few weeks, so I know I still have plenty of time. I figure that since I am hoping to breastfeed, my boob, diapers and a bed are about all he will need for the first few weeks. I have plenty of blankets, burp cloths, pacifiers and bottles ready to go though!
We had the pleasure of having dinner with some friends this past Friday night who have 8 month old twin girls! What a joy watching two babies! What is interesting about this is that this couple went through IVF at the same time as us. So as I looked that their beautiful twins a little part of me thought, gosh, had our IVF worked we could have had an 8 month old at this point. Seems so strange. I know being pregnant now was the plan for us and that it has worked out the way it was supposed to, I just have the tendancy to think about what might have been. But our baby boy is a blessing and was meant for us and we are BEYOND excited to meet him! 66 days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment