This week has been quick! On Monday I had my Dr. appt.-- no progress. I was bummed. I did mention to her that Liam hadn't been moving much over the weekend. She wanted me to head straight to the hospital for a non-stress test. So Gary and I head to labor and delivery. They basically just hooked me up to the monitors for 45 minutes and measured his heart rate, movement and any contractions I was having. The L&D nurse said he looked great. His heart rate was really strong--ranging between 120 and 140. It was great laying there just listening to his heartbeat!
At my mothers recommendation on Wednesday I decided to go for a walk in the afternoon. I thought maybe getting out and active for a little while would get things moving. I couldn't have been more wrong. I walked for about 30 minutes-- felt good. Got home and I started to get really achy. By bed time walking was so painful. Lots of pressure and pain. Yesterday- it was no better. There is nothing worse than getting up from a sitting position and being frozen from pain. :( Awful. By mid-afternoon Gary suggested I call the Dr. So I did. Again, she wanted me to go to L&D and have then check for dilation and to monitor the baby again. So we went. Still no dilation and no real contractions. Guess this baby really doesn't want to come out! So we will just sit and wait! At this point, I know he will be here sooner rather than later!
In other news... we have put our house up on the market in anticipation of our Spring 2010 move. I am not announcing where we are going just yet... as it is not sign, sealed and delivered, but the possibilities are VERY exciting!! So on top of all we have going on...we need to live in our house like we could get a call at any moment that they want to do a showing. Kind of annoying...but hopefully it wont take too long to sell. We had our first showing yesterday! Send us lots of house selling prayers!
After today I have 3 days left of work and I could not be more excited! I idea that I can rest my brain for a while from all that is going on work wise is such a treat! I really need the mental break! Not that I thinking being a mom will be a walk in the park... but it will be nice to put work aside for a while and focus on our little baby boy!
Speaking of baby boy! I have been given new things to worry about with our newborn. A co-worker so caringly sent me and 2 other co-workers who are expecting boys a nice email about how to care for a newborns circumcision. Umm... wow... there were terms in her email that I didn't even know what they meant! LOL! Put my anxiety into full gear! ha!! I read the email to Gary expecting him to know what she was talking about... he had no clue either! :( I guess Dr. Google will be my best friend for a while. This is critical! I would hate to do something wrong that could literally scar him for life. Ugh... how awful would that be. Yes...these are things that I am thinking about. hehehe...
Wow-- this post got much longer than I had anticipated. Must be me procrastinating work for the day! :)
Here are my weekly stats:
How Far Along: 38 Weeks 0 Days
Total weight gain/loss: Up a few lbs. from my last visit. :( And I had to say my weight twice in front of Gary this week. :( :(
Maternity clothes: All
Stretch marks: :( Yup- they are still there.
Sleep: More bad nights than good nights this week :(
Best moment this week: Hearing Liam's heartbeat
Food cravings: None really
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: Not really
Belly Button in or out: In, but getting to the point where I feel like it wants to pop. The top is bulging a little--looks very weird!
What I miss: not really missing anything this week...
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my baby boy in less than 1 week!!!
Milestones: I guess having less than 1 week left in my pregnancy. I so excited to meet my little man, but I think I am going to miss being pregnant.
Jellybean is still the size of a watermelon.
The last bits of vernix caseosa (the white goo keeping baby's skin moist) and lanugo (downy hair) are slowly shedding into your amniotic fluid. Baby's head is about the same circumference as her abdomen, and her head could be covered in an inch or so of hair.

1 comment:
I don't remember you saying before that he will be coming early. Just curious! I can't wait to "meet" Liam. This has been such a long journey for you, and you deserve this happiness.
Post a Comment