Friday, November 6, 2009

33 Weeks Today!!

And only 49 days to go! YIKES!!! Now that I am less than 50 days... this is going to start to get really real.

Wow! What a week! Got home late last night from my business trip to NJ. The week was fantastic, but man... I am wiped out! I totally underestimated how exhausted it would make me. The days were long-- usually meeting 8am-5pm and then we had dinners out and activity night. Really really good time, but crawling into bed at 10:30pm is hard on me these days. Not to mention, that when I am working at home-- I am not all that active. I basically sit at my desk all day. But these meetings had me going all day. I did 2 presentations while I was there too, so the stress of those added to everything else! But all in all everything went really well. Got some good feedback after my presentations, so that made me really happy.

I have hit the high swelling stage of pregnancy! I got home last night and after having been going non-stop for 14 hours-- my ankles were SO swollen. I was hysterical (laughing) over it. I looked down at what used to me my ankles and they were gone. The width of my leg from knee to foot was the same. Anyone who knows me knows that I have HUGE calves so it was not a pretty sight to see my ankles that big. I literally put Shrek to shame! Guess I now have any excuse to sit around with my feet up! ha!!

Haven't taken a belly picture in 2 weeks, so I will be sure to do that this weekend. I am definitely dropping. This seems to be helping with the heartburn issue. I forgot to take my prescription yesterday and had no issues-- very happy about this!

Here are my stats for this week:
How Far Along: 33 Weeks 0Days
Total weight gain/loss: +25 -I have a dr. appt in a few hours-- we'll see how much I have gained from my last appt.
Maternity clothes: All
Stretch marks: :( Sadly...yes...I have noticed a few small stretchmarks on the underside of my belly. I will be using the belly butter like it is my job from this point on.
Sleep: Not too bad.
Best moment this week: Coming home last night to Gary and the furbabies
Food cravings: everything!
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: not really missing anything this week...
What I am looking forward to: Getting to meet our little one!
Milestones: none this week

This week jellybean is the size of a honeydew melon.
Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his bones are hardening, and he's started to keep his eyes open when he's awake.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

YAY 33 weeks! So exciting, Michelle! You're officially more pregnant than I have ever been!!! :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Wow... 48 days and counting.. so happy for you guys and I just love reading your stats.. I too have cankles... not sure if I have your email but I can send you a picture if you want so email me at camden00@live.com if you don't want to feel like you are alone... watch your salt intake bc the closer you get the higher your blood pressure will get and that was part of the reason I had a c-section.... so take it easy... put your feet up and relax...