Friday, November 20, 2009

35/35 Today--Wahoo!!!!!

35 weeks gone by and 35 days left to go... until my actual due date that is.  Since I am going in on 12/17, this milestone doesnt really apply, but it is still a big milestone to have hit!  So excited to be at this point.  I got into bed last night and looked at Gary and said-- "Oh my god-- 4 weeks from right now-- we will have a baby!" It still doesnt seem real. There are times I walk into our bathroom and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I still have to do a double take. Hard to believe that even at 35 weeks I sometimes cant believe I am actually pregnant and we are actually going to have a baby here soon.  So amazing!
Still feeling pretty good. With him being head down at this point, I am starting to feel the pressure of that.  Moving (walking) and getting up from the couch or off the bed is getting more challenging, but definitely to be expected.  He is moving like crazy and sometimes I truly wonder what he has going on in there. Last night-- he was kicking like a mad man.  It was hilarious.  He is going to be a fiesty one I think!!  My energy levels are definitely decreased at this point. I went to the grocery store this week to pick up some of the stuff we will need for Thanksgiving and after 45 minutes-- I literally could have put my head down on the cart and taken a nap.  I know it would have been quite the sight!

This weekend will be the weekend for assembly!  I want to get our pack and play, exersaucer and jumper put together this weekend.  I figure if I do it now- it will be one less thing to do after the baby is here. We also need to do the final decorating of the nursery-- will post pictures of that next week.

Here is my 35 week belly shot:


Here are my stats for this week:


How Far Along: 35 Weeks 0Days
Total weight gain/loss: +28 -YIKES!
Maternity clothes: All
Stretch marks: :( Yup- they are still there. Gary tells me they are not that bad-- ha!!
Sleep: pretty good!
Best moment this week: my shower last saturday
Food cravings: everything!
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: I dont think so
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: not really missing anything this week...
What I am looking forward to: a short work week next week! :)
Milestones: 35/35!!!!

Jellybean is a honeydew this week!


From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department -- though he won't get much longer, he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. (He's about 15 percent right now and will be about 30 percent by full-term.) His hearing is totally developed (tip: baby responds best to higher pitches), and if he really is a "he," his testes have probably completed their descent.

No comments: