Thanksgiving here was great! We had a really nice meal with Gary's family. His brother, sister-in-law, their 2 girls, my father-in-law, his wife and his wife's daughter came out. Good size group, but not too big. I prepared as much as I could the day before and early the morning of Thanksgiving, so prep before dinner was actually pretty minimal. I learned from last year. Last year, I cooked a bunch of stuff to be ready at dinner time and it was complete chaos in my kitchen as I was trying to mash potatoes, make sure my carrots didn't boil over, get the turkey out of the oven, etc, etc, etc. So this year... I prepared all my stuff a head of time and just needed to pull things out of the oven and stick a spoon in them. It worked out great! My turkey was delish and everyone seemed pleased and full!
I took advantage of being off on Friday to decorate for Christmas. I figured I might as well do it while I had the energy. I love having my Christmas tree up. I love at night when the house is dark and the living room is illuminated by the white lights of my tree. It makes me so happy! I was so excited this year to have an extra stocking to hang on the mantle. I, with a HUGE smile on my face, hung Liam's stocking for the first time.
Other than that-- this weekend has been lazy! Which I love. I know that our lazy weekends will be few and far between soon, so I am definitely trying to take advantage of it. I did take on the task yesterday of installing the car seat. When I say task...I mean task. You would think they could make it easier. It's in, but lets just say... I will definitely be having this thing inspected b/c I have no idea if I truly did it right.
For my "Speechless Sunday" post-- I want to share a picture I took yesterday. This is what Tupper thinks of the idea of a new baby coming home:
Here is my weekly stats update:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: Yeah...I might stop posting this number... It is starting to become depressing. :)
Maternity clothes: All
Stretch marks: :( Yup- they are still there. Gary tells me they are not that bad-- ha!!
Sleep: Some nights good...some nights awful...just depends on the day.
Best moment this week: Successfully hosting Thanksgiving!
Food cravings: Okay...this is why I am not posting my weight anymore... Cadbury used to only make "Mini-Eggs" at Easter time and they are by far my most FAVORITE chocolate candy. Well last year-- they came out with a Christmas version (red, green and white balls)-- I bought a bag yesterday... it is almost gone. And no...Gary's hasn't eaten many. :( I knew I shouldn't have opened the bag.
Gender: Boy!!
Labor Signs: No, but my braxton hicks are becoming much more frequent.
Belly Button in or out: In, but getting to the point where I feel like it wants to pop. The top is bulging a little--looks very weird!
What I miss: not really missing anything this week...
What I am looking forward to: only 2.5 more weeks of work and I am on MATERNITY LEAVE!!!!!
Milestones: On Friday I was 36 weeks... that makes me 9 months pregnant!!! Wahoo!!
Jellybean is still the size of a honeydew... next week... he will be a watermelon!!
Baby's skin is getting smooth and soft, her gums are rigid, her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune system are basically good to go. Her lungs are the only organs that still need to fully mature, but every day she gets a little closer to breathing on her own.

No comments:
Post a Comment