Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving... Giving Thanks!

Wow! What a year. I have been thinking about this post for a while now. I have so much to give thanks for this year...it's almost hard to know where to start. 

This past year hasn't been all rainbows and roses.  When I wrote about what I was thankful for 365 days ago ... I said my husband, my family, my friends and the lessons that the past year had taught me.  That was the extent of it.  I was so sad and heartbroken a year ago.  I was literally broken. Broken down and tired. It always amazes me how far a year can take you. 

I started 2009 with many questions. I questioned what the upcoming year would bring for me. Would Gary and I have to go through another holiday season longing for a baby? Would we feel the continued pain of unsuccessful fertility treatments? I knew that Gary and I were starting treatments again, but honestly, I wasn't overly hopeful that they would result in anything.  We were basically doing them b/c I felt like we needed to be doing something so it didn't seem like we had given up on our dream of being parents. Going back to doing IUI's was the only thing we could afford, so figured might as well try.  So glad we did!

What am I thankful for this year?  Are you ready?  Might take a while! :) This year I am thankful for: my husband, my family (ALL of them!!), my grandparent angels watching over me, my friends (new and old), my health, Gary's health, my families health, my strength, my faith in god, my furry babies, Gary's family, my job, Gary's job, my ability to understand that everything happens for a reason, my desire to stay optimistic even when things seem grey, my sense of safety and security, laughter and tears. 

Most of all?  Most of all- I am thankful for my unborn son. I owe so much of my happiness, joy, strength, hope and love to the little life growing inside of me. Although I haven't met him yet, he has completed me and our family. We cant wait to meet him and show him how thankful we are that he chose us to be his parents.  He is a complete blessing from God and one that we will cherish forever!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends that we will be missing today.  We miss you and love you!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Michelle, You're making me cry. I know you'll be such a great Mom.

Love,
Aunt Marie