Friday, November 13, 2009

34 Weeks Today!

Normally I would post and highlight the number of days we have left, but today, I have a bit of a modification to that! Went for an appt. yesterday with my Dr. and we started talking about my Christmas Day due date. Well, turns out she is going to be out of town for the few days around Christmas. I would really like to have my dr. deliver the baby, so we discussed induction. She is comfortable inducing from week 39 on. I have to admit, there is a HUGE appeal to knowing our baby boy will be here and we will be home on Christmas day. Especially since my family is flying in that day. How wonderful to be home and settled when they get here. So... long story short... we have me on the books for induction on December 17th!!!! Less than 5 weeks from now! CRAZY! I am so excited and anxious. Of course this is all pending a couple of things-- 1. he could decide to come sooner and 2. if I am not looking favorable, we will not do the induction. My gut is telling me this little guy is big and he will be ready to come. I go for an ultrasound on Monday to check his growth and size. Dr. said yesterday that he has a big head-- great! That makes me... umm... excited?!? Not! So Yay! Seems so close now!

Exciting weekend this weekend-- I have a baby shower tomorrow!!! Two very thoughtful and wonderful friends are throwing me a baby shower tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. All of Gary's family will be coming as well as my friends. It will be so nice to have a couple hours to relax and chat and laugh. My neighbor who recently moved to Dallas will be coming in tonight and it will be wonderful to see her. Hard to believe they have been gone almost 6 weeks!

I will try to post my stats and a picture tomorrow. Right now I am at the hospital with Gary- he is getting his knee scoped out and the battery on my computer is dying. I'll also try to post some pictures from my shower tomorrow!

No comments: